Required Tempo product: Tempo Timesheets for Cloud
Required permission: JIRA Administrators, Tempo Administrators, Tempo Team Administrator and Tempo Account Administrator
Generates credentials for: Tempo REST API
If you are an application developer with the required Tempo administrator permissions, you can immediately generate credentials using secure OAuth 2.0 authentication to support your applications. You can generate a unique Client ID and Client secret code for each application.
Once you have generated your credentials according to your preferences, you can obtain an access token for your application to make requests to the Tempo REST API.
Refer to the Tempo REST API documentation for information about how to retrieve, restore and revoke an access token.
For detailed information about OAuth 2.0, consult their specification at https://oauth.net/2/.
To generate credentials:
- Select Tempo>Tempo settings or click the icon on the Tempo sidebar to the left.
- Under Developer Tools, select OAuth 2.0 Applications.
- Fill in the fields and select values as appropriate, then click Add. Your named credentials are generated and added to the page.
Note: You will typically select Authorization code as the Authorization grant type.
- Under Actions, click the Information icon to display the Credentials dialog.
- Click the copy icon to the right of the Client ID or Client secret to copy it to the clipboard. You can then obtain an access token for your application, and then make requests to the Tempo REST API.
To revoke credentials:
- Under Actions, click Delete. A confirmation dialog is displayed.Click Revoke to revoke the credentials and delete the named credentials from the page.
To retrieve an access token, refer to the Tempo REST API documentation.