Required Tempo product: Tempo Timesheets for Cloud
Required permission: View All Worklogs
You can create reports in Tempo Timesheets that show information about time worked on a project, team, account, or issue, or that shows time worked by a specific user. To create a report, complete the following instructions:
- On the main menu bar, select Timetracking > Reports. You can also click on the Reports icon on the Tempo Sidebar to the left.
- From the headers at the top, select a range of dates to view. You can select dates by highlighting a period of time at left, or type a specific range into the input boxes are right. Alternately, you can select one of the existing Timesheet Periods to view.
- You can use the Filter by setting to control which worklogs are selected for the report. You can select any Project, Team, Account, Issue, User or JIRA filter .
- You can use the Group by setting to organize the results of your report into sections. You can group your results by Issue, User, Project, or Worklog, or any combination of those four.
- You can choose to display the report in Grid or List view by toggling the View button on the right.
- Clicking on the View button (5) opens a menu that allows you to select the periods to be displayed and the columns to be shown. Periods can be days, weeks, months and quarters, although the report must be displayed in Grid view for these changes to be visible. Columns include JIRA issue fields, billable hours and other work attributes you have defined. Remember, work attributes and some JIRA issue fields are only displayed if the report is grouped by worklogs.
- Clicking on the Export button will generate and automatically download a CSV file to your download folder. This file includes a list of worklogs based on the selected filters, and all available metadata.
Note that you can also choose to print a report using your browser's print function. It will capture whatever is visible on your screen and will shrink the information to your chosen paper size.
When you have created your report, you will see the total hours logged displayed on the top right, next to the Log Work button.
Creating a report for a project
You can view worklogs for one or more projects by using the Filter by setting. For example, you can view the hours logged against each issue, the hours logged by individual users, and also all worklogs. You can choose to group all of these three options together or any combination you may prefer.
Creating a report for an issue
When reporting for an issue, you can choose to view hours logged by a user, all worklogs associated to that issue or both. You can choose to organise these options according to your needs.
Creating a report for a team
By filtering by one or more teams, you can view your team members' worklogs. For example, you can view the hours logged by individual team members, the hours logged against each project, the issues, and also all worklogs. You can choose to group all of these three options together or any combination you may prefer. This information is also available in the Team view.
Creating a report for a user
You can choose different options when creating a report for a user. For example, you can choose a report for hours logged against projects, accounts, issues and you can also choose to view all worklogs created by your selected user. You can also view your own user timesheet by referring to My Work.
Creating a report for an account
You can choose to filter by one or more accounts. For example, you can view the hours logged against each project or issue, the hours logged by individual users, and also all worklogs. You can choose to group all of these three options together or any combination you may prefer. This information is also available in the Account view.
The video below also gives you a good visual guide to reports and their utility within Tempo.
Note 1: If your version of Tempo Timesheets for Cloud does not include the Tempo Sidebar, see the Tempo Timesheets 7.20 cloud documentation instead.