Required Tempo product: Tempo Planner for Cloud
Required permission: Tempo Team Administrators or Team Leads
In Tempo Planner for Cloud, Administrators and Team Leads can plan time for their team members using the Timeline. These plans are tied to a specific team and are automatically factored into the capacity and load for that team. You can also create User Plans that apply only to you.
Planning time using the Timeline
You can click and drag across the Timeline to block out time for a new plan, or you can resize an existing plan to block out more or less time. If you already have an issue with a Planned Time estimate, you can simply drag it from the sidebar onto the team timeline and it will block out the appropriate amount of time.
- Click on the Tempo sidebar to open the Teams timeline. The view is selected by default.
- Select the team you want to plan time for using the pull-down menu under the Teams header.
- On the team members timeline, click and drag across the days you want to plan work for. Alternately, if you already have an issue with a Planned Time estimate, you can simply drag it from the sidebar onto the team timeline. Time will be planned according to the estimate for this issue.
- In the Create Plan sidebar at left, select the Plan item type. You can plan on Issues, Projects, Versions, Components, or Sprints. For more information, see Creating plans of different types.
- Select the Start Date and End Date for the block of planned time. You can do this either by dragging on the Timeline, or by using the date picker to select a date.
- Select the level of commitment to the plan using the Planned time box.
- If Plan Approval is enabled, you are given the option to select a Reviewer for the plan. For more information about, see Approving plans for your team.