Required Tempo product: Tempo Timesheets for Cloud
You can track time against an issue by using trackers. Trackers can be accessed directly from the issue view or from the issue sidebar in Boards. To start tracking in this view, complete the following steps:
- Click the Trackers '+' button to create a new tracker.
- Hover over ‘Add Description’ and add a description if you would like it to be automatically added to your worklog once you are done. If you do not enter data in this field, the description field in the worklog will be empty.
- Click the Play icon to start time tracking. When you are finished working, click the Pause icon.
- Click the Create Worklog icon next to the Play/Pause icon to open the log work window.
- Verify the information in the window and click Submit to save your worklog.
You can also track time against an issue by using the trackers on your dashboard in the same way as you would use them in the issue view. The tracker gadget added to the dashboard automatically includes all of your existing trackers and provides an option to create new trackers.
To track time from your dashboard, complete the following steps:
- On the top menu bar, click Dashboards and select the desired dashboard.
- Click Add gadget.
- In the gadget directory window, type ‘tempo trackers’ into the search field.
- Click Add Gadget. The gadget is added to your dashboard.
- Click Close and use the tracker as in the instructions above.
For more information, please watch this video: