Required Tempo product: Tempo Timesheets for Cloud or Tempo Planner for Cloud
Required permission: Tempo Account Administrator
You can organize your accounts by assigning categories and customers to them.
To make it easier to search for similar accounts you can assign them to a category. For example, if you had multiple accounts containing sales and marketing data, you could create a new 'Sales and Marketing' attribute and assign those accounts to it.
To add a new category:
- Select Tempo > Accounts or click the Accounts icon on the Tempo Sidebar.
- Choose Categories in the top right side.
- In the Categories view, create a new Key and Name. These values are required.
- Select a type of category from the drop-down list: Billable, Capitalized, Internal or Operational.
Billable includes logged hours that are billed to a customer; for example, for consultancy work for a customer or logged hours that are billed internally; for example, an internal service department that might bill other departments.
Capitalized includes logged hours that add capital to the business and are not billed; for example, hours that are invested in product development.
Internal includes hours that are logged to ongoing tasks within the company that are not billed, and do not directly add value to the business; for example, time in meetings, vacations or sick leave.
Operational includes logged hours related to day-to-day operations of your business; for example, time spent on marketing activities, internal systems or customer support (other than billable support).
- Click the Add button to create the new category.
To make it easier to search for similar accounts you can also assign them to a customer. For example, if you had multiple accounts containing data for a single customer, you could create a new customer attribute and assign those accounts to it.
To add a new customer:
- On the main menu bar, select Tempo > Accounts. You can also click the Accounts icon on the Tempo Sidebar to the left.
- Choose Customers at the top right side.
- In the Customers view, create a new Key and Name. These values are required.
- Click the Add button to create the new customer.
For more information, please watch this video: