How do I enable plan approvals?
The plan approvals feature allows users to select a reviewer for their plans. The reviewer receives an email notification to approve or deny approval for that plan.
Tempo Administrators can select whether to enable or disable Plan Approvals in the Tempo Administration menu.
- Open the Tempo Administration menu by clicking on in the sidebar or by selecting Tempo > Tempo Administration in the top menu.
- Under Planning on the left sidebar, select Plan Approval.
- Click on the Plan Approval checkbox to disable or enable the feature.
How do I request approval for a plan?
Anyone can create plans for themselves within a team. Anyone who is a Team Lead or somebody with Plan Time permissions for the team can plan time for others on the team. If Plan Approvals are enabled, the person who creates the plan can select an approver for the plan.
- A user creates a new Plan by planning time for your team members or yourself.
- The user selects a Plan Reviewer from anyone who has the Plan Time permissions for that team. The user cannot select themselves as a plan reviewer. Selecting a plan approver will send a notification to the plan approver.
How do I approve a plan?
Once you have been selected as the approver for a plan, you will be prompted to approve or reject the plan in the Team Timeline.
- After the user selects a plan approver the approver will receive an email notification. Following the link on the notification will take the approver to the Team > Timeline view.
- The plan approver selects the plan to be approved from the Timeline.
- In the sidebar that appears on the right, the plan approver can either Accept or Reject the plan. Accepting or Rejecting a plan will send a notification to the user.
- If they wish, the user or the plan approver can change the plan approver to another person with the Plan Time permissions for that team. Changing the plan approver will send a notification to both the plan approver and the user.