Required Tempo product: Tempo Timesheets for Cloud
Required permission: JIRA Administrators
Billable hours allow users to log time billed to customers alongside the time worked on an issue. This lets managers and team leads to get a detailed overview of billable versus non-billable time when generating reports. You can grant the "Set Billable Hours" permission separately for each project.
- Click the Gear Icon in the top menu bar.
- Select Issues.
- Scroll down to Permission schemes.
- Click the Permissions link of the scheme that you want to edit.
- Under Time tracking permissions, scroll down to locate Set Billable Hours, and click 'Edit'.
- Grant permissions by project role, application access, or group. If you click on ‘Show more’, you will see more options beyond the three default ones.
Note 1: If your version of Tempo Timesheets for Cloud does not include the Tempo Sidebar, see the Tempo Timesheets 7.20 cloud documentation instead.
Useful links to JIRA documentation